Well folks, it has been a while since I have written a blog post that wasn’t from a guest blogger… so I figured I would fit in a Thursday Things I Dig! I am sitting here, enjoying tea and oranges, and ready to give you an update on what’s been up and why I’ve been so MIA :) Here’s my long overdue Thursday Things I Dig!
1. ENGLAND tomorrow!!! I am finally venturing across the seas to Europe, though only for a short time – just a week. I am going with 2 people who will be backpacking around for a month or so, and I only joining them during their first week in London. I’m finally EXCITED! It just hit me today when I actually got around to packing… I have 7 dresses, cardis & tights all lined up on my love seat and am ready to roll. (Miss Greta will not be packed into the suitcase, unfortunately. In place of her there will most likely be rain boots.) There will be plenty of sight-seeing, tea drinking, museum meandering & vintage shopping ahead! I plan to come back with a sweet vintage dress :) I promise I will share it with you all!
2. My 2013 nerdbiskit pin-up ‘stache calendar is under way! In case you missed it, I am designing a calendar featuring 11 lovely ladies (myself as the 12th) who share my love of ‘staches! All the mustaches have been mailed and I am anxiously awaiting the pinup photos to start rolling in. This is going to be AWESOME. I’m hoping to have it ready to start selling at FanExpo in August. Part of the proceeds are going to my friend, Tristan’s, MS Charity. I’m stoked that so many people are as excited about it and just as eager to participate as I am! Each lady will receive (or already has) a wearable nerdbiskit mustache and in return, will send me back an AWESOME pin up shot of them wearing that, PLUS a super cute retro dress (or retro something-rather.) Then I will get designing the layout! :D I can not even wait! I’ve been busy sewing & mailing out custom coloured ‘staches all week!
3. Nerdbiskit.com is well under way and I am hoping to launch it when I return from my trip. I’ve been busy web-designing for the past 2 weeks, off and on or course, and am about 70% complete. I’m pretty excited to share it with you all! During this process, I fell in love with a new program called Adobe Muse. It is one of the easiest programs for web design I have ever used! My site is nice and simple of course, so combined with a nice simple program, this has been a breeze! Here’s a sneak peak (and yes, there are plenty of ‘staches):
4. New ladies night dinner parties are under way with the ol’ work girls. (In case some of you didn’t know, I left my design job a few weeks ago! (Time to nerdbiskit & freelance design full time for the summer, woo!) Because I love my work ladies so much, and was so used to being with them 40 hours a week, I simply could not be without them – so we started a dinner party club! Our first one was last weekend. The host, Miss Tea, made the main course – almond breaded chicken with quinoa risotto & asparagus. I brought the kale salad, and there were also delicious apps & desserts from the others – and plenty of wine! SO DELICIOUS. I can’t wait for the next one, I think I will host it in mid June – I just have to come up with something equally as delicious as the last one!
5. I don’t know if you knew this about me, but I sort of love any excuse to get dressed up… so last night I was invited to be the eye candy/DD at a film screening & awards ceremony, so I rocked a classy black dress and some curls. The dress itself was 30 bucks and I went ahead and altered it by adding a peek-a-boo polka dot hem along the bottom to give it a little extra pizazz. Anyway, here’s me at my attempt to be classy with a 50′s vibe! I promise I didn’t make this awkward winky face in public.
6. I confirmed my first freelance design client! We’ll be meeting up when I return from England to start working away on projects. I am so excited! Freelance designing combined with nerdbiskit-ing for a while is going to be a blast – and a much needed and exciting change!
Ok, that’s about it! I am waiting on a customer to stop by and pick up some ‘staches, and then it is back to packing! I’ve been busy with custom orders lately, which is awesome! Oh, and if you need custom buttons for your weddings and bachelorette parties coming up, let me know – I’ve got some designs ready to go and will be posting them on Etsy when I return. Message me if you need anything :) (INAPPROPRIATE GRAPHICS BELOW)