Hi friends! Since I recently turned 29, I decided that I should revisit my “30 before 30 list” which I posted last year, to see if I’ve kept on track and if perhaps I should make any edits… since I only have a year left to go! Eep! I can definitely say that I am not too worried or anxious about turning 30, as a lot of people are. My late twenties have been the happiest time of my life – I’ve taken some big risks, made many tough decisions – all which have led me down the right path and have just let things fall into place naturally! (As lame as that sounds!!!) I love my new home, my full time design job, my crafting bizz, my friends and family… everything is just peachy <3 I can’t think of anything that I’d like to change… well, maybe I could use a bigger craft room… and a few more cats…. maybe some bigger sunglasses… haha! But that’s about it :)
Of course life isn’t always filled with sunflowers and blue skies. There have been some rough patches – horrible jobs, health problems (insomnia and stress!), family issues (there was a cancer scare with my pops!), relationship struggles – but I guess it wouldn’t be much of a life without a few obstacles to overcome along the way, and to learn and grow from each experience in a positive manner!
I think I’ve really “found myself” or whatever over the past year or so. Or at least found out more about what makes me happy, and what my beliefs and core values are. It’s such a good feeling to have! I hope everyone finds it eventually! :D
Whoa, it’s getting a little deep here! Let’s revisit that list before I start getting even more intense! ;)
My 30 Things To Do/Accomplish Before I Turn 30
- Buy a new car (preferably in lime green.) STILL WORKING ON THIS ONE!
- Save enough money for a down payment on a house (after I buy my new car.) Still saving, almost there!
- Keep up with a minimum of a dozen craft shows/expos per year. This has changed slightly – I have been doing less shows due to lots more custom orders!
- Start selling nerdbiskit in stores – at least 2 or 3! Haven’t looked into this as an option… custom orders and shows keep me busy enough!
Travel to Europe. (Hopefully checking this off the list this May!)DONE! Went to London last May!
- Road trip to BC. Possibly next fall, so in my 30th year…
- CAT TATTOO! SOON.
Do something awesome for my parents. Send them on vacation somewhere nice.We just spoke about this today! Waiting for Bobblez to heal from his surgery and they will be planning their trip ASAP! Develop a campaign via nerdbiskit to raise money for my friend’s little bro’s MS charity – most likely involving mustaches.Yep, did this last year and donated part of my 2011 mustache sales! Seek out more bulk button, keychain & t-shirt orders – figure out how and where to advertise this service!Did some advertising in Missy Ink magazine, and have been getting tons of orders!
Learn how to sew my own dresses and/or skirts.MADE A SKIRT! Dress up next!
- Stuff and cook a turkey – Host Thanksgiving dinner! This year!
Start liking/eating fish. (I’m already half way there.)DONE! Make some new life-long friends (why not? you can never have too many gfs.)Made some new friends, hopefully they will be lifers :) Further my design career.Yep! Got a new job with a design studio and working on my folio!
- Put a ring on it. Working on it…
Create some new products to sell for nerdbiskit.YEP! Plush taco pillows! Find more ways to relax – need to kick this nervous energy & worrying!I have been relatively stress-free for almost a year now!!!! All thanks to some job changes and living arrangements :) Go to a concert – I haven’t been to one in a few years.Went to some free outdoor ones. Organize/host my own craft show or event. Start a club of some sorts. Hosted a few “Crafternoons” at my place, invited some new crafty ladies to join! Make more connections at shows or via social media.Always!
- Win the lottery. Not yet…
- Start illustrating and/or writing a children’s book. Collaborated effort, perhaps? Bah, haven’t had time…
- Get back into collaging! Enter a collage piece into American Illustration. Again… timing issues…
Design a website for nerdbiskit.DONE! nerdbiskit.com Find more one of a kind vintage pieces for my home and redecorate so it’s less Ikea catalogue!I’d also like to paint a wall lime green! Found cool pieces, still need to paint a wall green though! Learn more about wine and go on a vineyard tour.Vineyard tour planned for this fall!!!
- Take a class – life drawing, yoga, small business, marketing, French or web design! NOT YET, but I did find one I’m interested in.
- Quit bad habits. (One in particular!!!!) IN PROGRESS
- Take over the world with nerdbiskit (or at least be much closer to world domination.) Always!
Hmmm, well I’d say I’m pretty well on track with this after all! I think I’ll add a few more goals:
– Exercise more!
- Start a collection (Vintage tea pots? Creepy cat ornaments?)
- Learn to say NO more often, I don’t have to please everyone!
That’s it for now! I’ll revisit this again after my big 3-0 birthday! :D
Ok back to sewing for me! Hope you’re all having a lovely summer!